TacTiles are small, clear plastic adhesive squares, which you place underneath carpet tiles to fix them firmly to each other. This system creates a ‘floating’ floor layer – so the flooring is fastened tight, but not stuck permanently in place. TacTiles come in small cardboard boxes that are easy to carry, transport and recycle.
TacTiles reduce the environmental impact drastically compared to using traditional glue, and virtually eliminate VOC (volatile organic compounds) and unpleasant odours. This means an important contribution to improving the indoor air quality and that the installation of the new floor can be carried out while people are working, not disrupting the usual business and protecting the wellbeing of employees.
TacTiles are quick to install because there is no waiting time and unlike glue, TacTiles need no time to set. So as soon as the final carpet tile is laid, your floor is ready to use. And when the time comes to replace or move the carpet, TacTiles facilitate easier uplift and recycling. There’s no sticky mess on the backing and no need for a costly clean-up of the sub floor. You can even lift and replace individual carpet tiles with no problem.
Our sustainable and flexible glue-free installation system is included with purchase of Biosfera I.
Read more about Biosfera I
A little more about TacTiles
- Clear 75mm x 75mm polyester adhesive squares with coloured print
- Made from PET Polyester ( the same material as plastic bottles)
- Developed for carpet tiles with GlasBac® and Graphlex® backings
- Available in sheets of 6 or rolls of 500 connectors
- Versatile and effective, with only 4-5 TacTiles required per m2
- The perfect solution for the installation of flooring across all sectors
- Suitable for all Interface carpet tiles and installation methods
- TacTiles can contribute to Green Building certification schemes such as LEED, BREEAM, HQE and DGNB
Please contact your local dealer or Interface office in your country for more details or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org